Re: (Off Topic!) Exhibition Street Bridge and City Link

Bill McNiven <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote in message
> <7up70h$97t$2@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>...
> >First the car is scanned (e-tag) and number plate and size of car.
> >that works, then ig goes off to the two computers and finds out if the
> >number plate matches the e-tag and size of car.  Also the money in the
> >account is checked and taken out.
> So, I'm curious what happens (once tolls have started) when I naively
drive
> a NSW (or other interstate) registered car with no e-tag at all onto an
> apparently public toll road which is the JefferyLink.  Do they invite me
> pay cash, call out the cops, post me a bill, shoot me, or what?
> (NSW)VWD.966 or (Tas.)DF.9936 is coming soon to test this! Can the
computer
> tell what states these plates come from?

I heard that the system to be installed on the Sydney Harbour Bridge/Tunnel
will be compatible with systems used in other states, and the E-tag that
works in Sydney will also work in Melbourne (although I'll believe it when I
see it - when else has there been compatibility between interstate transport
systems??)

Rgds

Ron BESDANSKY