Re: NSW 4400 Class Engines

If the no. 1 end of a 44 is so different, is there <anything> that can be done
to make it bearable ? Those who do drive should be able to think a a few things,
and know the loco's construction to suggest something. Then the 1 end may be
able to lead on short trips for the reasons people on this group wish.( and I do
know that would lot $$$$$$$ to modify by a preservation group )

Regards,
David Head