Re: NSW 4400 Class Engines

Jack <bd107@tsn.cc> wrote in message
PU6Q3.252$Z_1.2054@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:PU6Q3.252$Z_1.2054@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...

> In the fair dinkum department what difference does it make to the pple in
> the train which way the unit is facing, it still pulls the same, still
> sounds the same etc...

Does not look the same on the photos.

> As far as excursions go, i dont work for them for the simple reason that I
> didnt like working on the old locos... even Jumbos could be horrible to
work
> on, particularly in the NO 2 End, the heat difference between NO1 and NO2
> end was remarkable...

A good point - you do not work them because you do not have to. Nobody
forces the drivers on railtours to work the train. They volunteer to do it
(even though they get paid while doing so).

I do not go on railtours, for the simple reason that they bore me to tears.
But I can understand how people who *do* go on them could feel, when
something that affects the aesthetics of the train is allowed to do so,
particularly when it is so easy to change.

DaveP