Re: NSW 4400 Class Engines

John MacCallum <johnmac@MYlisp.com.au> wrote in message
3810D9BD.35550226@MYlisp.com.au">news:3810D9BD.35550226@MYlisp.com.au...

> Just the sort of ridiculous comment I have come top expect on this
> news group. Ever thought about crew comfort or not having to turn
> the engine for the direction of travel?
> No of course not! Next time I'm marshalling engines to go out
> I will make sure I put them in Class and then Numerical order for
> you.

That is a bit off the mark. In ordinary, everyday service, then I agree with
you. You take into account crew comfort, etc., etc., etc.

But as far as excursions go, they are run for the railfan, and they should
be treated accordingly. If the tours were always run with the 44-class
marshalled No.2 end leading, then you would turn a lot of people off, and it
*might* impact on patronage, affecting profitability.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au