Left vs Right hand side driving (Was Australian trolleybuses??? )

Dave McL wrote:

> There is also a nice modern trolleybus system in Tehran in Iran, opened
> in 1992. Again I don't know what side of the road Iran drives on.

The best reference for which side of the road countries drive on is the Thomas
Cook International Timetable.  There are some fascinating anomolies - why for
example do Mauritania and Venezuela drive on the Left when neighbouring
countries are on the right?  (PS I realise that Guyana also drives on the Left).

This leads to a question - what happens at international borders where the rules
change from one side to the other?  Is there a flyover?  Maybe traffic lights
control a 'Change sides now' intersection?

What about a trivia question -  Which is the only country which drives on BOTH
sides of the road (in different provinces)?

I know is a bit off topic - but its interesting anyway.