Re: Z1 Car No. 1 (trying again)

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999 klabstep@my-deja.com wrote:

> With the conversion to pantos, does Z1 Car No. 1 still have the
> trolley pole retrievers on both ends, in order to preserve its original
> appearance?

Hi, (replying again)
Melbourne Tram Z1.1 has one panto and one pole.  It's pole is used only in
emergency situations (e.g. panto gets bent).
It is allocated to Swanstons Trams, at either Malvern or Glenhuntly depot.
Gareth.
PS. I think you should check your newsreader, a short thread about Z class
trams followed from your original questions.  Try the railpage aus.rail
archives also.

 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278