Re: Comedy Driver

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, Michael [remote] wrote:

> Approaching Flagstaff: Good afternoon passengers, we are now approaching
> Flagstaff. Flagstaff is closed on Sunday's for maintenance, so we aren't
> stopping here.
>
> Approaching Parliament: We are now approaching parliament, this station is
> easily recognised by all the hot air.
>
> Exiting the City Loop: Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, and all the
> little ones, we are now approaching Jolimont. I am going to Epping and you
> are all welcome to tag along. Please note that if you are travelling to any
> stations between here and epping you can tag along too since im stopping at
> all of them. If you are travelling to Hurstbridge, you are welcome to
> change at Clifton Hill.
>
> Departing Victoria Park (this one was expected!): We are now departing
> Victoria Park. All Collingwood supporters, please stand up, turn to the
> right of the train and salute, all other football supporters can take one
> millisecond of silence.
>
> Approaching Bell: Good afternoon passengers, we are now approaching.....
> Umm i forget the name [drops microphone] [coming into station about to
> stop] Ah, that name should ring a BELL.

A friend of mine had this driver out to Lilydale one night.
A similar comedy of announcements were made.
One went something like this (approaching Ringwood):
" Passengers for Belgrave get off this train here and wait for a Belgrave
train.  Passengers for Lilydale stay on this train.  Passengers who live
in Ringwood, get off this train here."

Good to know at least one driver has "a new train of thought"!

Gareth.

 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278