Re: Z1 Car No. 1 (trying again)

Gareth Lumsden wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Oct 1999 klabstep@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > With the conversion to pantos, does Z1 Car No. 1 still have the
> > trolley pole retrievers on both ends, in order to preserve its original
> > appearance?
>

> Melbourne Tram Z1.1 has one panto and one pole.  Its pole is used only in
> emergency situations (e.g. panto gets bent).

I think, but like you cannot be sure, that what he means to ask is:
Have the retrievers been left in place (unroped) at each end of No 1
despite its conversion to panto operation, this being to make it easier
to convert back to its original appearance when it becomes a heritage
tram in five years' time?

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand