Re: problems at ringwood (again) - sun 17/10

> You are right, we do need a TAC style ad campaign, however the other
> issue to be addressed which is just as important, is pedestrian
traffic.
> "Oh, i cant hear the train, so there mustn't be one", never mind that
> they are probably listening to a portable stereo, or the train is a
quiet
> one.

Hi

Why don't we just progressively remove all the level crossings a la
Boronia, starting with the ones on the Ringwood line (you could take
out 4 in one go there by lowering the line between laburnam and
heatherdale for a fairly small sum of money)?

Replacing level crossings with grade separations not only eliminates
the safety issue (barring a granville, or someone jumping off the
bridge onto the tracks) but also improves traffic flow on the road, and
makes it easier to transfer from bus to train.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.