Re: Sydney Trip

Andrew wrote in message <7ujs1b$3m5$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
>the reason for wondabyne was that many years ago before the hawsksberry
>river bridge it was a major station and now it is used for a siding to get
>sandstone out of the hill that is only a couple of meters away from the
>station and to also allow resedents that live beside the track a station
>where they can get the train.

The site of the Rail Station facilities I was led to believe and then shown
some years back was on the North Side of Hawkesbury River on Mullet Creek,
on the western side the main line, I think about 1 to 2 ks north of Mullet
Creek Tunnel. It was between the railway line and the side of the hill.
There is a longish flat spot there in which old concrete exists. If it was
called Wondabyne I do not know. The Sandstone Quarry is still in use at
Wondy.