Re: Labor win etc...

Dianne Lucas <matt@smart.net.au> wrote in message
7uerej$e7r$1@perki.connect.com.au">news:7uerej$e7r$1@perki.connect.com.au...
> Public transport no longer has anything to do with the state government in
> Vic!! (not too sure about new lines though - someone correct me if the
> government still controls this) As for faster rural trains - thats up to
> National Exp.
> Steven Hurst <hurste@primus.com.au> wrote in message

National Express and Vivendi (CGEA) only have franchise to operate services,
if a new government required new services they can make the franchisee
operate them , this would be subject to variation of the original franchise
agreements.

Only Freight Victoria bought the rail operations outright, (not the track)
all others are franchises, so the Government still has some say in how they
are run.

Bob.