Re: Robinvale weekender and 3801+3830 trips.

Stuart Thyer wrote:

> Don't worry about the spies, I'll let you in on what's happening.  Steamrail
> was approached by the RTM & SRHC a while ago concerning the easter weekend.
> We had already booked the Robinvale weekend with the railways and the RTM
> realised that if we went ahead with the tour, they were in trouble as there
> are not enough crews to go around to run this many trains.  Steamrail has
> agreed to postpone the Robinvale weekend and instead operate the double
> headed tour on the friday.  The Bendigo easter fair will still operate on
> the monday.

    This is good to hear. After what happened in February with the ARE Portland
tour clash and reading the date on the back of a tour brochure in the last
mailout I got the impression that Steamrail might be going ahead with the
Robinvale weekender during easter. I want to go on the 38 tours and the
Robinvale weekender. What carriages are being used with the parallel run? Those
K cars would be useless because its hard to stick your head out and the people
on the wrong side won't be able to see anything. The wooden cars are much better
for this type of tour, apart from the slower speed. Why doesn't Steamrail
publish whats going on in the newsletter? It would help to clear things up for
the members.

> Straw poll time......
>
> Would you prefer to go to Robinvale June long weekend or when the weather is
> warmer in November  cup weekend.??

    I would prefer it on the June long weekend as the cup weekend might
interfere with my uni exams. The RMIT schedules some exams on the Monday.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au