Re: Robinvale weekender and 3801+3830 trips.

ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au (James Brook) wrote in
<3806D690.A384FC3C@ozemail.com.au>:

>    I noticed on the back of a tour brochure in the latest Steamrail
>mailout that the Robinvale tour was still on over the Easter weekend
>next year. As you all probably know by now, that is when the 38's are
>coming down from NSW. If the 38 tour goes ahead I hope that Steamrail
>doesn't try to compete with that. All they would succeed in doing is to
>split up the railfan market, and I think they would lose. How can a D3
>and K tour compete with what the ARHS is planning, a parallel run with
>double headed 38's and double headed R classes back from Wodonga to
>Melbourne on Good Friday and a trip behind the 38's to Ararat on the
>Monday. This is especially annoying for the railfans because I am pretty
>sure that I'm not the only one who would like to go on the Robinvale
>weekender and the 38 tours. This sort of competition doesn't do anyone
>any good. I'm not trying to bag Steamrail here. I'm a member and I like
>many of the things that Steamrail does. Their carriages are maintained
>to a high standard and so are their locos and they operate many
>interesting tours. I personally think that Steamrail should just forget
>about the Robinvale tour over the Easter weekend and operate it on some
>other date. I hope they don't repeat what happened in February with the
>ARE Portland tour and the Steamrail Sea Lake tour.

>From what I've been lead to beleive, Steamrail, ARHS, ARE, SRHC are all
in bed with RTM for the Easter Circus.  Since Steamrail AFAIK are
supplying 2xR's & at least some BG Equipment, I imagine the Robinvale
Weekender may get AMEX'd.  But, as you all know, anything can & will
happen.  I will seek clarification off certain spies & report back.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.