Re: Gauntlet tracks

David Bromage wrote:

> Don't forget the Hunter Valley coal lines just on the down side of
> Sandgate. Each line divides into gauntlet track for a short distance.
> I've asked why before, but never received a satisfactory answer.

The weighbridge has a very low speed restriction over it, so only trains that
need to be weighed would actually use the weighbridge track, all other trains
would use the other track.  I would go so far as to say that it was gauntlet
track, as all trains ran in the same direction, and *real* gauntlet track has no
point blades.  The only two I can think of off-hand are the old Como bridge and
the line from Regent Street to Darling Harbour underneath Broadway.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au