Re: Tumbarumba

I managed to answer some of my Tumbarumba questions by a trip to the
National Library on Monday.

The NLA holds the John Buckland collection of photographs which has been
sorted into locations . I still could get a photo of the building rear, but
got copies of photos showing each end in some 1949 photos. The photos cost a
small fortune, but that's life.

The roof question of the carriage shed was a bit harder to find. The NLA has
a series of aerial photos from the 1940s and 1950s. Tumbarumba was in one of
these, and with a stereo-viewer the old carriage shed was easily found. Not
much detail, but the roof line was visible and since it was right next to
the 60 foot turntable I could work out the approximate length (@120').

The search continues......