Re: Tumbarumba

David Virgo <dvirgo@pcug.org.au> wrote in message
37fbd85e.0@newshost.pcug.org.au">news:37fbd85e.0@newshost.pcug.org.au...
> I'm hoping someone can help me photo's (or references to photos) of the
> following structures from the Tumbarumba yard.
>
> Engine shed (emoved in 1950's, actually a carriage shed) I'm after the
> dimensions and roof shape. It was sold to a local garage but does it still
> exist?
>
> Station Building (I have pictures of the track side but not the rear)
>

> Cheers
>
> David Virgo
> .

I was actually looking at a slide on Tuesday night that I took of Tumbarumba
station in 1983. It was taken from the track side and the rear of the
building was surrounded by large trees so you would need a photo taken a lot
earlier to be able to see anything. I was told that the station building is
no longer there, having been burnt by vandals and the demolished, I don't
know if this is correct or not.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton