Re: Comedy Driver

I don't know whether to regard it as comedy, but there is a Sydney guard
who pronounces about 80% of two-syllable station names with the accent
on the last syllable, e.g. Wyn-YARD, Strath-FIELD, Bur-WOOD, and even
almost Ep-PING. If there's not a stress on the last syllable, it is
usually closest to equal stress across the syllables - e.g. East-wood,
Ash-field, Red-fern.

What I'd like to know is how he selects the few which he does NOT do
those ways (notably Central, North Sydney and Gordon).

Eddie Oliver