> >From: "Notagunzel" <notagunzel@bigfoot.com>
> >Subject: Re: Three Position Signalling
> >Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:52:47 +1000
>
> >Notagunzel (yes it'se again) <notagunzel@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> >n2%L3.29$FJ3.3031@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:n2%L3.29$FJ3.3031@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...
>
> >> Has the Pyrenees - Wolseley CTC gone to Mile End yet?
>
> >My travelling spy in South Australia reported 5 minutes ago, that on
> >the channel used for the South Line, Mile End can be heard talking to
> >trains on the Western Victorian CTC, suggesting that the answer to my
> >question is Yes.
>
> >The next question is how much territory is covered by this controller?
> >Pyrenees - Belair at least, does he do Newport - Pyrenees SAW as well?
>
> >Also, it Pyrenees - Belair the longest CTC section in Aust under 1
> >controller?
>
> >--
> >Mr Notagunzel.
> >Rail Transportation Connoisseur.
> >notagunzel@bigfoot.com
> >(Waiting for any move at http://www.bigfoot.com/~notagunzel)
>

> Pretty certain that Wolseley to Belair is really Wolseley to Keswick, at
least
> a point on the down side of Keswick station just under the road bridge
> ,but before Goodwood Junction where there is a "Start CTC sign."
> I dont know who controls Mile End Loop though, or where the start of CTC
> begins for Keswick to Crystal Brook.
> Pyrenees loop to Belair or Keswick would be a fairly big workload for a
> single controller .
> Ive tried a number of times running this section with Train Dispatcher and
its
> a busy load on weeknights.
> If true it would certainly be the longest single CTC section in the
country.

> MD

Maurie,

The CTC starts at Mile End Loop (for South Line), Trans Adelaide Control
controls intermediate Absolutes NR 2 and NR4 that protect Goodwood Junction,
in the event of a failure the ARTC Controller issues a Train Order for the
Mile End - Belair section. In the body of that order in addition to the
instructions to proceed will be the message: "ON ARRIVAL AT NR2 (or) NR4
(which ever is appropriate) CONTACT TRANS ADELAIDE CONTROL." The Trans
Adelaide Controller will then issue a Verbal Caution Order for the Driver to
pass that signal.

Bob.