Re: Three Position Signalling

In article <6_%L3.38$FJ3.4009@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net> "Notagunzel" <notagunzel@bigfoot.com> writes:
>From: "Notagunzel" <notagunzel@bigfoot.com>
>Subject: Re: Three Position Signalling
>Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:52:47 +1000

>Notagunzel (yes it'se again) <notagunzel@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>n2%L3.29$FJ3.3031@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:n2%L3.29$FJ3.3031@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...

>> Has the Pyrenees - Wolseley CTC gone to Mile End yet?

>My travelling spy in South Australia reported 5 minutes ago, that on
>the channel used for the South Line, Mile End can be heard talking to
>trains on the Western Victorian CTC, suggesting that the answer to my
>question is Yes.

>The next question is how much territory is covered by this controller?
>Pyrenees - Belair at least, does he do Newport - Pyrenees SAW as well?

>Also, it Pyrenees - Belair the longest CTC section in Aust under 1
>controller?

>--
>Mr Notagunzel.
>Rail Transportation Connoisseur.
>notagunzel@bigfoot.com
>(Waiting for any move at http://www.bigfoot.com/~notagunzel)

Pretty certain that Wolseley to Belair is really Wolseley to Keswick, at least
a point on the down side of Keswick station just under the road bridge
,but before Goodwood Junction where there is a "Start CTC sign."
I dont know who controls Mile End Loop though, or where the start of CTC
begins for Keswick to Crystal Brook.
Pyrenees loop to Belair or Keswick would be a fairly big workload for a
single controller .
Ive tried a number of times running this section with Train Dispatcher and its
a busy load on weeknights.
If true it would certainly be the longest single CTC section in the country.

MD