Re: Three Position Signalling

Krel <krel4203@netconnect.com.au> wrote in message
37fff024.737475@news.netconnect.com.au">news:37fff024.737475@news.netconnect.com.au...

> On Sat, 9 Oct 1999 01:41:14 GMT, mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie
Daly)

>>Im a bit confused here, its certainly possible to leave Brooklyn on
SG and be
>>held at TOT/U8 , ie the signal is red.
>>

> Signalling at Totty has been altered recently by ARTC. An
illuminated
> S & V indicator has been added to the top of U8 and interlocking
> changed slightly.
>  R/G with "S"from U8 to Totty Loop no 1 track and on towards WFJ. SG
> R/Y with "S"from U8 to Totty loop no 1 track to R/R at Totty
> departures. SG
> R/R/y with "S" from U8 to Totty Loop no 2 track. SG
> R/R/y with "V" from U8 to Totty yard. BG

Interesting:

<self appointed signal design police>

If the road is set for an Up SG Brooklyn, with a Bottom Yellow on
TOT/U8, are the Up end Points locked normal, and the Direction of
Traffic established between Totty & WFJ in the Up?

</self appointed signal design police>

> >Whats the situation at Brooklyn and Newport where SG and BG are
shared.?
> >Are there locks in the frames at Brooklyn and Newport controlled
from
> >Adelaide to prevent BG movements.
> >How about Nth Geelong C and Maroona.

> All signalling is done by the local boxes. Mile End just tells them
> what to do.

> >Is it theoretically possible to operate SG trains from Tottenham to
Newport
> >with TottyB and Brooklyn unattended, if it came to train order
working on the
> >SG.

> SG will most likely go CTC from Totty to Newport &/or Manor. BTW PM5
> (9712) works through Newport unattended every Sunday Morning.

Think about it, Newport on a Staff Exchange Box. |-)  The Signaller at
Newport extracts a Staff before he goes off on Saturday night, and
leaves the road pulled off for the Up SG.

> >Also who now controls posts ,186 WFJ,Sims 162,MPJ 206, and SS plats
1 & 2.

All the Signals applying to the SG in Spencer St are controlled by
Spencer St No. 1 Box.  The Signals appying over the Gauntlet track at
Franklin St are also worked by Spencer St No. 1 Box.  There is a
Crosslock between Spencer St No. 1 Box and Metrol (via the Franklin St
interlocking), Metrol controlling the BG moves along the Gauntlet
Track.

Can someone explain West Footscray to me?  This is probably the one
box I don't know how it really works.

Signals WFJ/6 & points WFJ/5 are controlled by Mile End, signal 194
'slotted' by Mile End but worked by West Footscray or West Tower?  The
other points are worked by West Footscray Box, but who works the
signals out the back: 186, 188 & 192?  Looks like West Tower numbers.

> ARTC control everything west of the railfans lookout at Dudley
Street.
> east of there is Spencer street yard (No 1 Box). At the moment CTC
> boundries are as they were but with panels in Mile End instead of
> Melbourne.

Has the Pyrenees - Wolseley CTC gone to Mile End yet?

Questions, questions......

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.