Re: Three Position Signalling

In article <=nz+N5FVPEy2pHnsZjaj5zfT9yG5@4ax.com> Yuri J Sos <steam4me@enternet.com.au> writes:
>From: Yuri J Sos <steam4me@enternet.com.au>
>Subject: Re: Three Position Signalling
>Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 10:30:14 +1000

>On Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:10:08 GMT, mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie Daly)
>wrote, and I selectively quote:

>>Lets assume that an SG train has left Brooklyn and is heading for Tottenham.
>>Signaller in TottyB Box mistakes oncoming SG train for BG train and attempts
>>to clear signal TOT/U8 by causing it to display R/R/Y with a V indication.
>>A/ Is the above possible.

>An SG train won't leave Brooklyn until it's got somewhere to go beyond
>Tottenham.  If there is an SG train on the way, Tottenham "B" loses
>control of the junction and cannot set any signals itself, nor can it
>set up any conflicting routes (it's effectively switched out).  If
>there's an SG train, the only thing the signaller at Totty "B" does is
>dispense or receive the electric staff for the Brooklyn - Totty "B"
>section.

Im a bit confused here, its certainly possible to leave Brooklyn on SG and be
held at TOT/U8 , ie the signal is red.

>>Obviously if the SG train does pass the signal at R/R/Y a prang is quite
>>possible at the SG junction.

>No.  Tottenham "B" has no control over the SG signals, only BG -- the
>BG is locked out by Centrol/Mile End.

Yes , that was my point , can the signaller at TottyB only clear TOT/U8 for
BG with approval of Adelaide,and does Adelaide control the BG facing points
and signals on the down independant goods line to prevent them being set in
reverse?
How is this done ?, Electric lock in the frame ?

>Centrol/ARTC only hand over control of the junction when there's no SG
>train around,  so that that danger doesn't arise.

Whats the situation at Brooklyn and Newport where SG and BG are shared.?
Are there locks in the frames at Brooklyn and Newport controlled from
Adelaide to prevent BG movements.
How about Nth Geelong C and Maroona.

Is it theoretically possible to operate SG trains from Tottenham to Newport
with TottyB and Brooklyn unattended, if it came to train order working on the
SG.

Also who now controls posts ,186 WFJ,Sims 162,MPJ 206, and SS plats 1 & 2.

I presume that somwhere there is a dividing line between ARTC and FV ?
Does FV own the SG tracks into Spencer St.
Sorry for all these questions , I used to know all this when I lived in Melb
15 years ago, but not any more in the brave new world.

Thanks
MD