Re: Three Position Signalling

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999 01:41:14 GMT, mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie Daly)

>>>Lets assume that an SG train has left Brooklyn and is heading for Tottenham.
>>>Signaller in TottyB Box mistakes oncoming SG train for BG train and attempts
>>>to clear signal TOT/U8 by causing it to display R/R/Y with a V indication.
>>>A/ Is the above possible.
>
>>An SG train won't leave Brooklyn until it's got somewhere to go beyond
>>Tottenham.  If there is an SG train on the way, Tottenham "B" loses
>>control of the junction and cannot set any signals itself, nor can it
>>set up any conflicting routes (it's effectively switched out).  If
>>there's an SG train, the only thing the signaller at Totty "B" does is
>>dispense or receive the electric staff for the Brooklyn - Totty "B"
>>section.
>
>Im a bit confused here, its certainly possible to leave Brooklyn on SG and be
>held at TOT/U8 , ie the signal is red.

Signalling at Totty has been altered recently by ARTC. An illuminated
S & V indicator has been added to the top of U8 and interlocking
changed slightly.
 R/G with "S"from U8 to Totty Loop no 1 track and on towards WFJ. SG
R/Y with "S"from U8 to Totty loop no 1 track to R/R at Totty
departures. SG
R/R/y with "S" from U8 to Totty Loop no 2 track. SG
R/R/y with "V" from U8 to Totty yard. BG

>Whats the situation at Brooklyn and Newport where SG and BG are shared.?
>Are there locks in the frames at Brooklyn and Newport controlled from
>Adelaide to prevent BG movements.
>How about Nth Geelong C and Maroona.

All signalling is done by the local boxes. Mile End just tells them
what to do.

>Is it theoretically possible to operate SG trains from Tottenham to Newport
>with TottyB and Brooklyn unattended, if it came to train order working on the
>SG.

SG will most likely go CTC from Totty to Newport &/or Manor. BTW PM5
(9712) works through Newport unattended every Sunday Morning.

>Also who now controls posts ,186 WFJ,Sims 162,MPJ 206, and SS plats 1 & 2.
>
>I presume that somwhere there is a dividing line between ARTC and FV ?
>Does FV own the SG tracks into Spencer St.

ARTC control everything west of the railfans lookout at Dudley Street.
east of there is Spencer street yard (No 1 Box). At the moment CTC
boundries are as they were but with panels in Mile End instead of
Melbourne.

Cheers

Krel

VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/

If competition is so good how come there is only one Competition Commision?