Re: Londons latest train wreck..Victoria Next! -Political

Rod <comtrain@mpx.com.au> wrote in message
7tklcv$nfg$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7tklcv$nfg$1@news1.mpx.com.au...

> > > Thank goodness our railway system is much much safer in Sydney.
Correct
> me
> > > if I am wrong but I am sure that Sydney Central Station has more train
> > > movements than Paddington and Waterloo put together and the very fact
> that
> > > the Sydney rail system is so safe is a credit to the early planners
and
> the
> > > current managers of it.
>
> Perhaps if drunks who drive are held responsible for their
actions.........
> Shody workmen are responsible for damage and injury attributed to their
> actions.......
> Councils can be sued...........
> Doctors can be sued............
> THEN CAN ANYbody [sorry I better take another valium.....]
> Can anyone tell me why  politician's cannot be held responsible for their
> actions.
> Will Thatcher and the others be found guilty for allowing the railways to
be
> sold off to private
> companies who don't care for anything except the mighty pound, or in our
> case the dollar?
> The man responsible [yet to be proved] has been employed for less than 12
> months?
> Can you believe that?  Perhaps a hundred and probably much more, dead
> because some idiot decided anybody can drive trains!
> What happened to starting with slow goods, or Pilots, or learning from an
> experienced man?
> Every day I drive a train the ghosts of Drivers long passed over ride with
> me. I am a product of all my "mates" and they guide me every day
> Oh thats right, that company only runs Pass Trains and fast ones at that.
> And then there is driver only. No room for experience there!
> Oh well its over there in Britain........
> But wait there is more !
> How is Mr Kennett's pet Project [Remember The Grand Prix Fiasco... "I'll
fix
> them I will Privatise the Railways as soon as I can......."and he did!]
> OK, now the Unions are still holding out, but very soon now, new blood is
> going to be needed
> and then people off the street are going to be driving Sprinters at 130
kph
> with less than 12 months experience. Dont forget the service will get
brand
> new Hi-Speed Super trains, very similar to the those running in England.
> I am soon to retire, already I treat all level crossings as defective, I
> look before I cross regardless of whether the booms or lights are
flashing,
> why? Because their is only very limited maintenance, or should I say, they
> are fixed when they fail !! And I carry this over to when I am driving my
> car as well.
> When I retire I will not go near a train again, and when the 12 month
> drivers arrive, neither should any of you!
>
> Latest news from the Best Run State in
Australia.....Kennitoria.......While
> he was saving all that money, by putting everything up, he forgot about
our
> Water Supply.
> Melbourne now will have Water Restrictions, and it could be ongoing,
untill
> many millions are found from somewhere to build a few more dams.
> Maybe Walker and all the other Rats fleeing the sinking ship will kick a
few
> dollars back to save our skins. Suppose someone will be blaming Bracks
> before he even gets in.
> Rod рс grrrrrr....
>
>Your right about the valium Rod . Here have a couple of my Bex to chew on
as well.:-)
About the level crossings,I have always advised my family to keep a good eye
out befor procedding,only because I used to work on the maintenance of the
things,many of which had not been properly overhauled in 40 years,which is
not good when you have seen the condition of the cloth covered cable.Still
despite that they seemed to work.     most of time