Re: Metcard statistics. Does it even happen?

Steven Hurst wrote:

> They can on trams, and non gate type validators on platforms, if it has
> alredy been validated it will say 'passback' and not validate it again.
> OOnly gates still validate - although they may not re-register you, just
> open the gate?!

    When I go to uni on the tram the ticket inspectors don't bother doing that.
They just take a look at the date (and time for a 2 hour ticket) and if it is ok
they give it back. The bus is the only form of transport where the metcards
really work because you can't get on without validating or buying a ticket.

> Anyway, I think with the proper planning and better use of the money, we
> could have ended up with a really good ticketing system, the idea was there
> with metcard, but somewhere along the line, someone only put in a half
> hearted effort and the whole system fell off the rails.  :(          [excuse
> the bad pun]

    It is appropriate. :-)

--
- James Brook -

There's nothing quite like a Holden.    :-)

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au
Victorian Railfan Web Site:
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajmbrook/