Re: DOO on CountryLink

Eric Cartman <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
939441057.372164@diddley.primus.com.au">news:939441057.372164@diddley.primus.com.au...
> Hi
>
> Just a couple of questions on DOO on CountryLink services.
>
> 1 Does the driver or PSS close the doors on the Xlporers? I think it may
be
> the PSS because the guard closes the doors on CityRail's Endeavours but I
> would like to be sure.

The driver releases the doors, passengers open them, and the driver closes
them.

> 2 Any news of when/if the XPT's are getting auto doors? Would the Xplorer
> type doors be suitable? I notice that there are panels above some doors
for
> door  operations already (and may have been there originally).

They will not get auto-doors. What they will get (eventually) is centralised
locking.

> 3 With a PSS and several staff on board, can the CountryLink services be
> considered DOO anyway?

Not really - the PSS gives rightaway to the driver by bell signal, just like
a guard does. The only difference is that the "guard" (PSS) has passenger
care duties as well.

> 4 Will this thread appear.........I hope so

Nope - missed me entirely.

> Eric

DaveP