Re: Help request for information on the Hamersley Iron Railway

LoneAussie wrote:

> I have been asked by a friend in Brazil if I know anything of the Hamersley
> Iron Railway (HIR) operation. He would like to see how HIR compares with a
> similar railway operation in Brazil. Not being knowledgable on the HIR I
> thought I would try aus.rail for help. What he would like to know is:-
>
>     1.. What is the weight of a train both loaded and empty?
>     2.. What locomotive types and combinations are used?
>     3.. What are the line speeds for loaded and empty trains?
>     4.. What is a reasonable normal stopping distance from line speed for such
> trains (on the level and on 1% grade up or down) both loaded and empty?

I have information about Hamersley's locomotives on Locopage, at
http://www.railpage.org.au/loco
Go to "Other Mining Railways" -> "Hamersley Iron".

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
Land Titles Automation Project - Beveridge & Williams, Melbourne