Re: New Countrylink/QR reservations computer (and the ticketing)

tony bailey <mercuryworldtvl@one.net.au> wrote in message
37fe89d3.0@pink.one.net.au">news:37fe89d3.0@pink.one.net.au...
> 1) Have you worked out yet the at least 3 important bits of information
that
> have to look right ?

No - which are they? I have managed to copy it exactly with bogus
information - I showed the printout to a friend who is a PSS and he could
not tell the difference. Of course, they are not in usage yet, being for
bookings beyond 1 November

> 2) If you get on a train and another person has the same seat and their
> information appears on the manifest and not yours, and the 3 items above
are
> obviously incorrect, do you not think that someone might find it
suspicious?

That happens now with the current tickets (people being ticketted and not on
the manifest).

> 3) If the information on the manifest matches the information o the
ticket,
> than the ticket actually becomes fairly irrelevant.

True - but what Passenger Attendant is going to query it, particularly when
there are plenty of seats available, when someone boards NT1 at Kempsey, or
ST2 at Wagga Wagga, etc. There is no way they can check the validity of the
details at that time of the night, and given that the lights will be off and
they will be working off torches, they *might* miss the important details
you alluded to.

As I said in my original post, there is nothing on this ticket that cannot
be replicated using a word-processing package. There is NO logo on the
plain-white sheet of paper. EVERYTHING on it uses standard fonts, that I
have in Word. It is too easy to forge. They need to get some coloured paper
with Countrylink logos all over it.

> 4) The new res system has generated a fair number of surprises and
>  problems - all covered in recent (and forthcoming) issues of my
newsletter.

Your newsletter? How does one subscribe? Is it for those in the travel
industry only? Or can those who *have* been in the industry and wish to keep
up to date subscribe to it also?

DaveP