Re: New Countrylink/QR reservations computer (and the ticketing)

WhaleOilBeefHooked wrote:

> Got my first glimpse at the new res computer this evening - looks very
> cumbersome to use. Took ages to issue the ticket, and I had the reference to
> quote, etc.
>
> The tickets are interesting. The ticket I received had my reservation
> details printed on a plain white sheet of paper, and stapled into the
> standard Countrylink ticket folder. There is no printing on the paper (apart
> from the reservations details) and no watermarking or embossing. The fonts
> used are standard fonts used in Word (and other WP programs).
>
> How easy will this be to fare evade? We have all seen cases in our travels
> of people who are not on the conductors diagram. It will be dead easy for
> someone with a ticket (to act as a guide) to knock one up on their home
> computer, staple it into an old ticket cover, and show up. What Passenger
> Attendant/Conductor is going to query it when that person is boarding at
> Goulburn at 2320 or Taree at 2210, etc.
>
> Has anyone else seen them? Anyone got any comments?

For Countrylink services, tickets are generated from TRAINS computer (until
further notice), so they are printed from our regular V/Line thermo ticket
rolls.  Tickets from new V/Line reservation (V/Net), are also use V/Line thermo
ticket rolls.  No white paper used here.

Cheers,

I.C.

Iming Chan
Melbourne, Australia                         Email: ichan@primus.com.au
Disclaimer:
This message only contains opinion of the author above.   It  does  not
express the views, policies or opinions of organisations represented by
the author.