Re: Dandenong Goods trains

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999 21:45:15 +1000, "Rod" <comtrain@mpx.com.au> wrote,
and I selectively quote:

>        you may be only partly right here, or not at all.
>There is a curfew on shunting Westall before 0600, and one of my Dynon mates
>told me they have been combining the Dandenong shunt with the Lydhurst and
>hooking it on with the Apex.

You're probably correct, Rod.

I did base my reply on observations on a cab ride in the days of VLF.

I have seen cement wagons routinely on the front of the down night
Maryvale goods at Totty yard with a T and A on the front (no, not THAT
T and A <g!> - nothing salacious on this ng!) and assumed that this
would be dumped at Dandenong for something else to shunt off to
Lyndhurst.   The quarry train makes sense... it's got almost three
hours down there (arr 0539/dep 0850).

Regards

Yuri
--