Re: Dandenong Goods trains

> >When do goods train enter and leave the sidings at Dandenong?  Is it
after
> >last train like the Cranbourne Line? or early morning.
>
> Usually shunted by the night down Maryvale goods.
>
> >Also when does the Westall apex train run.

Yuri,
        you may be only partly right here, or not at all.
There is a curfew on shunting Westall before 0600, and one of my Dynon mates
told me they have been combining the Dandenong shunt with the Lydhurst and
hooking it on with the Apex.
They dump the Apex at Westall and continue on and do the Dandenong area
shunts, returning to Westall to do the Apex, and return to Melbourne. Very
short of crews at Dynon, and as the Westall has to sit arounfd for several
hours, it seems like a good idea [if not for the crews]
Have seen the Lyndhurst attached heading through Flinders St.
Rod