Re: Western Industrial Sidings Tour

Notagunzel said on 04-Oct-1999 in
<EdWJ3.108$ue2.6508@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>:

>> This is why some people frequent the RTA and AREA tours. Small groups
>> easily managed.
>
>Ahhhh... Fruit Free Zones |-)

Come on, you know you must eat your fruit and veggies to stay healthy [Gets
very horrible visualisation... very very very horrible visualisation...
excuse me, bulemia beckons].

>Luckily I avoided Motormouth.  Although at one point waiting for the
>Patricks train, this entity sprouted numerous statements nearby.  What
>was so increadable, was that every single one was absolutely totally
>incorrect.

Like sometime in December, constant mutterances about a wheel falling off
R711? :)

>I make 7 correspondants present. SH, CG, GL, RBS, CH, DEL & NAG.

You forgot MRK in there somewhere :-)

>> I must have been invisible as well although those who know me would
>> say how could I ever be invisible. My mate and I were in the BRS and
>> were thus only a compartment or two from Motormouth - and he certainly
>> lived up to the reputation. It was a pity that nothing intelligent
>> came out all day.
>
><troll>
>
>Send him an invitation to join Tom & his merry group.
>
></troll>

Okay, you got me on that one, could you enlighten me? :)

>> > Having said all that, it will be intersting to see everyone else's
>> > comments on today, of those who went anyway (or the few that chased
>> > it, impossible task considering the speed we were doing ;-)).

>Being hauled by Y 127 from the Newport Workshops Lead into the Garden
>Platform wasn't expected.  After an impromptu meeting of the Joint
>Central Committee On Important Matters, the decision was made that being
>hauled around Newport 'Shops by Y 127 will be counted as mileage.  This
>is good, as I needed that engine.

See you *are* a gunzel :-) No use denying it now :P

>Its always good trundling around Melbourne Yard, things always seem to
>be in a state of evolution.  The leads around the point where the
>Reversing Loop passes 'Canal Jct' have changed since I last carried out
>an inspection.

Certainly the stop for C505 wasn't expected by many ppl!

>Mind you, no trip along Brooklyn - Newport is complete without a delays
>of 30+ mins waiting a path. |-(

But you did photograph the patricks, didnt you? yes? Why complain then?
*smile*

On the topic of assorted fruits, one stormed into the BK (Car 3) carrying
one of them gheto blaster type radio/tape recorders, looked at me (I was
sitting in seat 56, so right in the back corner, at the BRS end) and just
squalked "Im going to go up the front and tape record the sound of the F
class locomotive" in a weird kind of drawl that only a fruit can do. I felt
rather puzzled, what was his reason for disturbing my peace like that? [I
then continued to play shuffle the two mobile phones and a camera to make a
package that i would only need one phone one camera... long story, moments
later i continued looking out the window merrily.

Regards
Michael