Western Industrial Sidings Tour

Hi All,

Well today's western industrial sidings your, in my opinion was quite a
success. Congratulations and thanks go out to the organiser of this tour!

Having said that, It was of interest to note/photograph quite a few
different movements that happened to co-incide with the tour. It appears as
though the tour was extremely well planned.

As for Sir Notagunzel's comments the other day, about the assorted fruit
being stored somewhere convenient out of everyone's way, it actually
happened, well almost. The one person in question got put into a
compartment almost of his own, with one other person. I do feel sorry for
that person.

There were also a lot of interesting sightings and unscheduled photostops
throughout. The two most noteable being, a stop at the bridge over moonee
ponds creek, right next to C505.

Also the Patricks through Sunshine, with GM22 + green CLP + yellow CLP,
which we stopped for.

And this was finally a tour where i didn't hear people whinge and complain
(Maybe because Reggie wasn't there), although there was one person tho
whined to a fellow person about how young people were in the way and didn't
appreciate trains.

One complaint however. People behaved like sheep. We had a schedule to run
to, a photostop was all prepared and lined up (mostly), yet people still
dawdled on inbetween the photographers and the train. Also a couple of
cases of people walking/running/etc in front of the photoline, which called
for a few jeers of discouragement.

On a better note, i did end up meeting a few of the ausrailers, Steven
Hurst, Chris Gordon, Gareth Lumsden, Roderick Smith, and a tireless Craig
Haber, who conductored the trip. *waves to all* I did not however see the
elusive Notagunzel (Was he perhaps the one locked into the compartment with
Motormouth? :))

Having said all that, it will be intersting to see everyone else's comments
on today, of those who went anyway (or the few that chased it, impossible
task considering the speed we were doing ;-)).

Regards
Michael