Re: Time Wasting Puzzle - Longest Standard Gauge Trip

Chris Brownbill <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote in message
37F6D822.AD589A18@enternet.com.au">news:37F6D822.AD589A18@enternet.com.au...
> I'll have a go -
>
> This assumes that Sydney Central surface and Underground are the same
place.  It
> also assumes the Sydney airport line is open.
>
> Gladstone - Goobang Junction - Narromine - Dubbo - Merrygoen - Binnaway -
Gap -
> Werris Creek South - Muswellbrook - Gulgong - Wallerawang - Granville -
> Cabramatta - Regents Park South - Sydenham - Redfern - Darling Harbour -
Enfield
> - Regents Park North - Lidcombe - Strathfield - Hornsby - Wynyard - St
James -
> Central - Airport - Wolli Creek Junction - Wollongong - Unanderra - Moss
Vale -
> Demondrille - Blayney - Orange - Parkes - Stockinbingal - Griffith -
Narrandera
> - Junee - Tottenham - North Geelong - Adelaide - Crystal Brook - Kwinana.

<snip>

The Airport line goes under the Illawarra line and then joins the East Hills
line, I don't think you could get from the Airport direct to Wollongong.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton