Re: Time Wasting Puzzle - Longest Standard Gauge Trip

I'll have a go -

This assumes that Sydney Central surface and Underground are the same place.  It
also assumes the Sydney airport line is open.

Gladstone - Goobang Junction - Narromine - Dubbo - Merrygoen - Binnaway - Gap -
Werris Creek South - Muswellbrook - Gulgong - Wallerawang - Granville -
Cabramatta - Regents Park South - Sydenham - Redfern - Darling Harbour - Enfield
- Regents Park North - Lidcombe - Strathfield - Hornsby - Wynyard - St James -
Central - Airport - Wolli Creek Junction - Wollongong - Unanderra - Moss Vale -
Demondrille - Blayney - Orange - Parkes - Stockinbingal - Griffith - Narrandera
- Junee - Tottenham - North Geelong - Adelaide - Crystal Brook - Kwinana.

Interestingly this route doesn't take me near Newcastle, but because there are
only three routes into Sydney, one must miss out.

My knowledge of the Sydney goods lines is limited so I might have missed
something there.  Maybe there's also something smart someone could do to take
short loops around obscure sidings along the way or maybe the Broken Hill tram
network or something like that.