Re: Australian Railway Digest (was NSW Railway Digest)

Derek Rogers wrote in message ...
>Nice poetic effect Don but please answer one question.
>How do you effectively cover an Australia-wide operator like National Rail
>if you confine coverage to only one State?
>Derek
>
>Don Allitt <nahgfa@zeta.org.au> wrote in message
>3842565B.B4606B57@zeta.org.au">news:3842565B.B4606B57@zeta.org.au...
>> R.I.P.
>> Don.

I can only help agree with Derek Rogers.  The world has grown smaller and
the NSWGR died a long time ago and with it the mindset that railways end at
state borders.

What's the problem you still get the same amount of NSW news that you did in
years gone by, plus interstate news.

As an ex NSW resident of 31 years I like to read a magazine that has NSW
news but gives me an overall view of the railways in Australia.  The extra
national news is an incentive to make me buy the Digest.

The Digest is the only true objective national rail magazine.  The present
Track & Signal and the old Network were mouth pieces of the industry and
would not criticise themselves.

Sorry Don the year 2000 is upon us and with it the reality that railways are
a national concern not one confined to Sydney Newcastle and Wollongong. Even
Freightcorp  and Countrylink now dare to pass through their state borders.
Like Commissioner McCusker and his era have passed on, so have the Railways
in Australia.

Congratulations Digest, keep up the good work!

Regards, Grahame  Seymour Vic.