Re: [QLD] The last SX tin sets

Latest rumour about the removal of the majority of the SX sets is that they
are a health risk. Due to the combination of Queenslands climate and the SX
sets lack of air conditioning, it can increase the air/environment
temperature to unacceptable levels which is a problem in peak hour with the
number of people on the train and also they are very grimy. Some of the sets
still have signs of their steam-train hauled era with the staining on their
rooves but also inside the carriages and also the vinyl seats weren't the
best choice. The seats get sweat upon which encourages bacteria to grow,
while the cloth seats don't have that problem so much (I guess it depends on
the train).

--
Dean A. Stalker
Ph: +61 (07) 3886 0809