Re: Loco cab safety

In answer to your question, NO, Cab safety is a key issue with the union, it
is the responcibity of the RT&BU National Cab Committee, however the rail
systems try to design locos and other cabs to a budget.

Seat belts are not a serious option, we are not in a road type situation
here, most of the accidents I've seen of late would have resulted in
fatalities had the crews remained in their seats, in most cases if you've
got the time its better to get out of your seat than remain there, train on
train accidents are thankfully very rare, but level crossing accidents are
not and if you are going to hit something that could come through the
windowscreen, its better to either hit the floor or in the case of a Spark
Railcar or NR get out of the cab all together.

Bob.
3ts04.117$mc3.3292@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:3ts04.117$mc3.3292@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...