Re: [VIC] headboards, nameplates and non authentic liveries. (was: [VIC] Steamrail headboard)

John, I'll let you have the last word on a lot of this.

I wasn't accusing you personally of being one of the folks who
complain about things like a second headlight, etc. , but there *are*
such people about (the threads about Reggie and Motormouth give good
examples of the idiot gunzels who tend to worship the train.)

I understand your point about the museum, and yes, I agree with you
that to put an inappropriate nameplate on a museum exhibit isn't quite
the right thing to do.

Oh, and the Rosewood operation only put a headboard on the locomotive
that's running the service on a running day (usually the PB-15 -
occasionally a diesel).  And yet the volunteers there told me that
they get complaints from "enthusiasts" who object to the presence of
the headboard on that locomotive, who object to the addition of an
extra headlight, and even object that the museum have replaced the "W"
(for "Woolloongabba") on the buffer beam with a "K" (for "Kunkala").

I apologise if I caused you offence or if you felt I had flamed you by
saying "rant snipped". But you did start to get up on your soap-box
and let forth with an impressive tirade. :)

Regards,

Roy Wilke