Re: emergency door releasing on Tangara's, etc.

Sounds as if the guard needs to brush up on his knowledge of his train.

>  The train was evacuated at Hurtville and ran empty cars to the shed.
>  However at Hurstville the blacked out cars doors didn't work. The driver
> released the front, the guard the back last car, and the passengers in my
> car forced and I and some other passengers and the guard held the doors open
> against the air while every one got off. The guard tried to use the emergency
> release but it had been cut out by that stage.

The guard should of opened the door control cabinet squeezed the magnet
valve to open the doors and pulled the pnematic switch/plunger to make
them release.
Also did he take his bell plug to the other half of the train and open
the close cars from there?
There should of been no need to "force" anything.

rgds