Re: Martin Place Indicators

Thomas Fothergill wrote:

>  did you
> know QR doesnt have all those delays either?.. funny that.. but then we
> arent preparing to transport hundreds of thousands of people for an olympic
> event in brisbane next year.

But Brisbane, and for that matter Melbourne, have already done their major
upgrading when it comes to signalling.  Metrol covers half of the Melbourne
suburban area.  Mayne Control covers the entire Brisbane suburban area.  In
Sydney, Sydney box only covers the North shore, City Circle and Eastern Suburbs
lines and the immediate area around the signal box.
There will be a major shutdown on the western line for two weeks comencing soon
in the Blacktown area.  They are changing most points to medium speed turnouts.
This requires a number of tracks to be closed.  I also believe the signal box is
being replaced (confirmation anyone?)  The plan is to eventually have Blacktown,
Riverstone, Richmond, St Marys, Penrith, Springwood, Lawson, Katoomba and Mt
Victoria all controlled from Blacktown.  This work requires shutdowns as
hardware is upgraded.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au