Re: Martin Place Indicators

Eric Cartman <erkemail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
cQ7Z3.34$dZ.1471@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:cQ7Z3.34$dZ.1471@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...
> Which state's track is in better condition? Which state has more modern
> signalling and overhead wiring and structures?
>
> "The winner is Sydddddnnnnnney"

Try travelling from Perth to Sydney on the I-P - there is a noticeable
deterioration of the track as you travel east.

As for modern overhead wiring structures, you forget that Brisbane has only
had electric trains now for 20 years, and Perth for less than 10 years. They
would have no need to replace theirs (if they did, then it is scandalous).
Melbourne, beating Sydney to the punch by about 12 months or so, should be
in the same boat regarding OHLE, but Sydney has Olympic money to get
everything done - there is also the little issue of the Granville
derailment, which highlighted how little money had been invested in the rail
system on maintenance. This forced the government of the day to spend a
large amount on maintenance, but because it had been left so long, it took a
long time to complete.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au