Re: Tangaras are crap

ajwright@spam.ozemail.com.au (Ashley Wright) wrote in
<3833b012.1810055@news.ozemail.com.au>:

>On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 18:08:50 +1100, "nobody"
><dweebken@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Well I wouldn't give $0.02 for one, but from my perspective they're
>>potential mass coffins on wheels.  There's no emergency exits that I
>>know of for fire exits or crash exits.

>  Ever noticed the emergency door releases? I have no doubt that if
>the people needed to get out then they could.

I'm straining to remember.  Were these the red pull handles hanging
midway above the doorway, which are now covered by white plates?

I remember there was some fuss about the dangers of passengers jumping
out onto operational lines.

A friend of a friend claimed to have been recently locked inside a
Tangara between the morning and evening peaks at Hornsby.

Boy was he pissed. (I think both meanings apply here)