Re: Tangaras are crap

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 18:08:50 +1100, "nobody"
<dweebken@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote:

>Well I wouldn't give $0.02 for one, but from my perspective they're
>potential mass coffins on wheels.  There's no emergency exits that I know of
>for fire exits or crash exits.  There's an article in the Sydney Morning
>Herald,  Nov 1999  about "Olympic train crash delays 34,000 fans" - the
>passengers were locked inside the train for hours before being let out, I
>seem to recall.  Lucky for them tere was no fire too.
>
>Also, school kids persist on riding between the carriages in spite of the
>notices not to do that.  So if it's not safe why are they allowed to do
>this, and if it is safe why have the notices???

  Ever noticed the emergency door releases? I have no doubt that if
the people needed to get out then they could.
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email. Delete word 'Spam'.