Re: T84 is cursed

The scary part is that if it wasn't for the catch points the Tangara
involved could have collided with a train on the merging track. This
incident seems all to similar to the recent Hornsby incident and comes too
close on the heels of the Concord West incident. I believe an independent
inquiry is due to find out if these are isolated incidents or something more
systemic that requires major changes to City Rail operations. Please note I
am not jumping in at this stage and blaming the driver.

Cheers

Rod Gayford
Ashley Wright <ajwright@spam.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
38310568.428185@news.ozemail.com.au">news:38310568.428185@news.ozemail.com.au...
> On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:57:24 +1100, David <david@nmit.vic.edu.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Railway Rasputin wrote:

> >> I like how he said it will "stop them dead in their tracks".
> >> As if Tangaras need amother reason to stop working!
> >> He'd better be carefull, dead in their tracks all right never to move
> >> again!
> >>
> >> rgds
> >
> >perhaps if they stop in their tracks, they will joind Our 4D here in VIC
> >- useless and unmovable !
> >
> >From a train operations point of view - did the set run a red and derail
> >??
> >

>   Apparently on some catch points, which is why I am amused by the
> reference to placing (presumably) train stops to stop the train dead.
> Looking at the map in todays terorgraph I would assume that if you did
> places stops the train would have already joined the 'main' which
> would defeat the purpose, so catch points seem the only logical way!
>  Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
>  www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email.
Delete word 'Spam'.