Re: T84 is cursed

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:57:24 +1100, David <david@nmit.vic.edu.au>
wrote:

>Railway Rasputin wrote:
>>
>> "M.G.Smith" wrote:
>> >
>> > I note T84 was the tangara that derailed on the Olympic Park line, even
>> > worse is the lead car that derailed was OD6841 (I think) which is a
>> > replacement for D6174 which was written off in the Concord West derailment.
>> > A CityRail spokesman says "the driver miss read the signal" and that "new
>> > safety devices put in place to stop trains".
>> > I thought there are already train stops installed at signals in that area,
>> > which are sufficient to stop trains running red signals.
>> > Regards.
>>
>> I like how he said it will "stop them dead in their tracks".
>> As if Tangaras need amother reason to stop working!
>> He'd better be carefull, dead in their tracks all right never to move
>> again!
>>
>> rgds
>
>perhaps if they stop in their tracks, they will joind Our 4D here in VIC
>- useless and unmovable !
>
>From a train operations point of view - did the set run a red and derail
>??

  Apparently on some catch points, which is why I am amused by the
reference to placing (presumably) train stops to stop the train dead.
Looking at the map in todays terorgraph I would assume that if you did
places stops the train would have already joined the 'main' which
would defeat the purpose, so catch points seem the only logical way!
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email. Delete word 'Spam'.