T84 is cursed

I note T84 was the tangara that derailed on the Olympic Park line, even
worse is the lead car that derailed was OD6841 (I think) which is a
replacement for D6174 which was written off in the Concord West derailment.
A CityRail spokesman says "the driver miss read the signal" and that "new
safety devices put in place to stop trains".
I thought there are already train stops installed at signals in that area,
which are sufficient to stop trains running red signals.
Regards.