Re: Photos from Sydney and Melbourne

    I like all Victorian diesels, especially the cab units. If I had to pick
Victoria's ugliest diesel I would have to say the G class even though I
think it still looks nice. I like most of the interstate GM units and I like
all of the interstate ALCO units. There are some English Electric locos I
don't mind but there are others that I hate. I also like the look of the NR
locomotives.

Greg Triplett wrote:

> My biased subjective opinion follows:
>
> Having observed diesels in 55 countries I would think that
> Australia probably takes 2nd prize for the world's ugliest
> diesels. Mostly box like things which look like extruded
> sections sawn off. For 3000 hp you saw off so much, 4000 hp
> you saw off a bit more. Bricks and wheelybins. Thank
> goodness for the cabs.
>
> China with its slug like DF4's would be in first place. ( I
> hope Roger doesn't read this ). UK has those delightful 37's
> which save them from coming first.

They are hideous, although they Britain's best looking diesels.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au