Re: Photos from Sydney and Melbourne

Hi James:

> He probably hasn't seen a loco that looks as good as Australian locos!
> :-) I feel sorry for any diesel fan living in the UK they are the
> ugliest locos in the world!

My biased subjective opinion follows:

Having observed diesels in 55 countries I would think that
Australia probably takes 2nd prize for the world's ugliest
diesels. Mostly box like things which look like extruded
sections sawn off. For 3000 hp you saw off so much, 4000 hp
you saw off a bit more. Bricks and wheelybins. Thank
goodness for the cabs.

China with its slug like DF4's would be in first place. ( I
hope Roger doesn't read this ). UK has those delightful 37's
which save them from coming first.

Regards

GT