Re: The Unofficial QR History and Info Site updated

Neil Stalker <nstalker@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
80omjf$bfk$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:80omjf$bfk$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> The site has been updated, and has the usual additions of new photos and I
> have also added the Class Information list to the EMU page.

Hi Neil - great site.

One criticism though (and meant as constructive criticism, so please don't
take offence) - it would be a good idea to resize the pics. I went into the
4000 class pics, and they were too big - I have a 21" monitor, and the
resolution is set to 1024 x 768 - if they are too big for this, imagine how
they will look at 800 x 600 ?

Another advantage of this is it will speed up the site - I waited for one
pic (4001_1.jpg) to finish, then saved it - it was 236KB - I resized it to a
width of 450 pixels, and the size shrunk to 19KB. This helps to keep people
interested in the site, since they are likely to piss off and go elsewhere
if it takes 3 minutes for each picture to finish downloading, whereas if it
only takes 10 to 20 seconds, they will stay there.

Overall though, great site.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au