Re: 2 EL's on Patrick's

And meanwhile, the truckies are laughing their way to the bank. As has been
stated many times before, competition among rail operators will cause the
railways eventual demise.

Do people not realise that interstate trucks are wasteful and dangerous?

Wasteful I say, because for what one train can pull, you need a huge amount
of trucks. More prime movers = more polution. More drivers = more money
spent.

Dangerous I say, because many truck drivers work dangerous hours, and do it
illegally, i.e. keeping a second logbook, taking drugs to cope with the
long hours, getting very little sleep.

I bet the trucking companies are sitting there laughing at the railways
right now. Pushing to allow bigger trucks into the cities to clog our
already congested roads.

As far as the governments veiw on this goes, where the f*** is the logic?
Who else other than the government would sell of your biggest money making
asset? (i use Telstra as the example in this case, but the railways
certainly count too).

Regards
Michael

Maurie Daly said in message <mauried.361.382FC006@commslab.gov.au>, I
therefore quote:

--
Michael Kurkowski
Email: zx@argfgen.pbz.nh (ROT13 enc)

What is the point of having quotes at the end of your .sig?